Callum Kettles is the Farm Manager for Hornby Hall Farms located near Penrith, England and he has owned a Hustler feedlot bale feeder for over a year. Check out what Callum has to say about it!
Callum Kettles and his team farm 2,000 breading ewes at Hornby Hall. Callum was looking for a bale feeder able to feed out various types of hay and baleage to his ewes which are housed indoor. He talked to his local accredited Hustler dealer Rob Sunter at Carrs Billington Penrith who organised a demo of the SL450X (LM105T) feedlot bale unroller on his farm.
Callum is wrapped with his Hustler: it feeds out all his bales, it's robust and it doesn't require much maintenance.
"This Hustler machine is one of the best cattle feeding equipment that I've owned for a long time"
From left: Heather (Hornby Hall farm operator), Rob (Carrs Billington dealership), Callum (Hornby Hall farm manager)
The SL450X (LM105T) feedlot bale unroller is a self-loading 3-point-linkage mounted trough feeder suitable for feeding out into troughs, feed bunkers, over fences or onto feed pads a wide variety of mainly round bales and silage along with some square bales when using the optional sidebars. the SL450X (LM105T) comes with 6 major benefits:
- Maximum reach: with its large elevator, the SL450X (LM105T) feedlot bale unroller allows feeding out into hay baskets/cradles as well as troughs and feedpads
- Compact size: one the elevator is in up position, you'll be able to go wherever your tractor goes, even in narrow barns.
- Easy to use: the SL450X (LM105T) feedlot bale unroller has single level feed control, making it very easy to use and ideal for share milkers or for indoor feeding.
- Toughest chain on the market: with its super strong roller chains (combined strength of 24,000lbs) and tough 40x40mm zinc-plated bars, the SL450X (LM105T) feedlot bale unroller won't let you down
- Low maintenance: instead of bushes, the SL450X (LM105T) feedlot bale unroller is equipped with longer-lasting block bearings, mounted outboard to keep them clean and free of damage
- More safety: the high rear bar means the bale cannot screw off the back (optional side rails are available for maximum safety) which allows you or your staff to work with a safer piece of equipment.
Check out what Callum has to say!
Just like Callum, you are farming in the UK and you would like to improve your operation? Our Hustler accredited dealer Carrs Billington has country stores all around England and Scotland. Check out their website and reach out their friendly staff on https://www.carrs-billington.com/.